Dr. Donald Peaceman (1926-2017) was a Houston-based pioneer in the numerical solution of partial differential equations and the simulation of reservoir flow. His generosity has enabled the Department of Computational Applied Mathematics and Operations Research at Rice University to initiate an annual lecture series on applied and computational mathematics.
In early 2009, CAAM established the Peaceman Lectures on Numerical Mathematics to honor Dr. Peaceman's many contributions to our subject and generous support of our department, and to offer a venue for exceptional young mathematicians. The Peaceman Lectures will continue to showcase "rising stars" in numerical mathematics in the years to come.
Past Peaceman Lectures
- October 25, 2021: Natasha Sharma
- October 28, 2019: Kevin Carlberg
- November 12, 2018: Edmond Chow
- February 22, 2016: Aria Abubakar
- January 27, 2014: Lek-Heng Lim
- November 19, 2012: Jan S. Hesthaven
- September 26, 2011: Karen Wilcox
- February 08, 2010: Yalchin Efendiev
- February 09, 2009: Laurent Demanet